Sunday, 1 May 2011

Well, a lot has gone down on the medical front since I last updated, and all is well. After experimenting and making the decision that I needed to cut out lactose for good, the pain suddenly returned much more severely and frequently. I went to a different recommended doctor, who gave me a referral for an ultrasound and took a blood test for Celiac disease. The test was negative (yay!) and the ultrasound (which was a neat experience) was clear. I'm very thankful for it to be nothing food-related, after all that!
The last possibility was a stomach bug (quite literally) that is common in Dubai, and I will be starting the 3-day antibiotic for that this week. I've felt surprisingly good the past week, and hope that this diagnosis is helpful!

Not much else is new - the Royal Wedding is breaking news in Dubai, of course, and I would totally have watched it except that weekends are time for spending with Joel :)

Sunny finds new ways and new places to be mischievous every day! ;)

4 comments:

LeAnna said...

Aw, hope you are fully recovered soon! Love the kitty pictures, the black/white is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful May!! (Happy May to you!)

Love,
Arielle

P.S. Promise to write soon!

Elena said...

Oh, dear! I hope you recover soon, issues like that are no fun.

Edana A. said...

Hi Cait, I hope you get well soon and I am so glad that you don't need any dietary restrictions! :)
-Dayna