Monday, 17 October 2011

miss kady

It looks like we have a tiny girl coming to meet us.
We are so excited!!

We found out at 19 weeks actually (a month ago) but I wanted to see a few more ultrasounds to be sure! My doctor has a machine in her room, so she's kindly said 'let's look at your baby!' at every single appointment. It's lovely, even though I don't always get printouts. My favorite picture so far is one with her foot, and five perfect little toes, right in the middle of the screen.


We have some other big news too, which I haven't gotten the chance to write all of your individually about yet. Joel and I are moving back to Washington at the end of November. Our first move, which happens to be an international move exactly halfway around the world, at (what will be) 30 weeks pregnant. I'll write much more about it later, but we are relieved to have the decision made now, and I am so happy to see Joel so excited, even though it's a bittersweet move.

The worst part is having the baby in the states where my whole family can't be there.
The best part is birthing in the states where homebirth is legal.
(And also the fact that it's moving ahead for us as a couple)

I'm sorry it's been awhile! I've just been lazy in uploading all the weekly pictures Joel has taken for me, and will have those up soon.

With love,
Cait

8 comments:

Carolina said...

WOW! How exciting! :)

LeAnna said...

How fun and exciting, on all accounts! I will be praying for a safe, and easy transition and move. So enjoyed reading your email this morning, too. That was a special treat!

Natacha B said...

Oh, Cait! A little girl - that's wonderful! It will be sad not to be able to see you again in Dubai this winter, but I know this move will be a great step for the two (now, three!) of you.

Pure Joy said...

Praying for you, and Joel, and Little Lady Kady. You will be much upheld in prayer! Know that when things get hard to bear.

Anonymous said...

Really?!?!?!? You guys are moving back to Washington!! You've got some very excited people here! Where in Washington? Nearby, I hope...
Aunt Kathryn

Bethany said...

So very exciting Kady! I will also be praying that the Lord will make this move easy for you and your family.

Tracy said...

Praying that the move goes smoothly, and that you're easily settled in back here in the States.

Hooray for a little girl to love!

katie said...

So exciting! I just found out that my brother and his wife are expecting a little girl in February--she'll be my first niece, and I can't wait :)

Also, random fact: I teach a preschool class and the children call me "Miss Katie," so when I read the title of this post it made me smile :)