Though several months ago now, I wanted to share some pictures from Jacqueline's first birthday, on February 3rd :)
Sadly, we weren't surrounded by grandparents and aunts and uncles as we had just moved, but after church we gave her the special 'cake' and let her have at it! After some pictures of course. She had never been given something whole like that, or anything with a bread/baked texture, so she was very curious. She ate some bits of it but wasn't too interested, and actually hasn't eaten much similar since then.
It was a grain-free, coconut flour banana cake, made with a coconut flour muffin recipe that I used smashed banana instead of honey in. This was because she hadn't been introduced to wheat yet, and I'm aiming to keep delaying grains until she's a couple months older or some molars are coming in. She just doesn't seem to like the texture yet either! I will say it gets tricky to give her table food sometimes because of this. The sweet slender green candle is courtesy of Aunt Katie, and she is sitting on my baby quilt, which is what I took her one month picture on :)
Now baby is walking, running, and has 6 teeth! All four of the new ones just in this past month :)
1 comment:
Look at that precious little doll! She's a sweetie!
Post a Comment