Sunday, 7 September 2014

hello again

It only takes a few clicks back to see that it's been years since I regularly posted here (if ever!). I felt bad sometimes for not writing, especially since we're away from much of our family, but I never had much of an urge to share. But now I do, and I hope to see you here much more often! Not necessarily lots of family updates (and I'm on the fence about posting my cute kids' faces all over the internet), but hopefully everyday moments, thoughts, links, food, and so on. Celebrating mundane happenings, what I'm finding around the internet (since goodness knows I wasn't away from the computer, just this space), and most likely natural health - the topic of much of that internet reading.

But in the meantime, here is where we are:

My babies are growing too fast. How can I be the mother of a 2.5 year old toddler and a 6 month old no-longer-newborn? There are hard days for sure, but they are SO much fun right now.

Jacqueline, learning to talk, full of ideas and pretending and funny words and pronunciation. Everything she knows she learned from Peppa. ('Oh dear' and 'Oh my goodness' definitely came from me though...) She loves Frozen and Elsa and Anna and sang those songs all the time for awhile. It was her first full length Disney princess movie. She sings her ABCs and picks up pieces of lullabies and other songs (though Twinkle Twinkle Little Star somehow got the word 'shining' smooshed in there). She counts to ten. She is potty trained (when at home and awake). She is a sweet big sister and Gavriel smiles easily for her. She loves to 'cook' and set up arrangements with her dolls and toys - mostly tucking them into bed or having them get married. We went to a wedding and she was enchanted by the bride - she's still obsessed. She has so much personality and quite an attitude. It's a challenge to be consistent, and I need more of a push to keep shaping this beautiful little person's character (which mostly looks like obedience right now).

Gavriel is six months old and a jolly, chubby, energetic little boy. He is scooting around, which looks like swimming furiously across the floor. He's had some bone broth the past few days, but my preference is for him to sit up on his own before seriously starting solids. He loves the view from the high chair! He smiles easily and charms the people around us at church. He has a purely sweet, dorky kind of personality. When you play with him or give him a big smile, he will smile and turn his head, as if to say 'Aw shucks.' He would be blushing if he could. He's still the big boy he started out as, and adores Jacqueline. When I pick him up he likes to give firm pats on the arm or my back, which I really believe are his signs of affection. <3

See you soon!
Cait

1 comment:

L said...

Oh I love this update Cait!! I miss seeing your pictures :) Haha the girls I nanny for are totally into Frozen in a big way so I totally sympathize! :)
Much Love!