convicting, encouraging.
'If there is one fact, or doctrine, or promise in the Bible, which has produced no practical effect upon your temper or conduct, be assured that you do not truly believe it.'
- Edward Payson
'How should finite comprehend Infinite? We shall apprehend Him, but not comprehend Him.'
- Richard Sibbes
'How completely satisfying to turn from our limitations to a God who has none.'
- A. W. Tozer
'Incarnate deity has no wall of fire about it. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest," is the joyful proclamation of God as He appears in human flesh.'
- C. H. Spurgeon
[from the Behold Your God study guide]
1 comment:
I love these quotes so very much!
Was happy to see you pop up in my very neglected blog feed. I enjoy "seeing" you around on Pinterest, but it's not like the good ol' days. Your food pictures below are just SO beautiful. And sweet Gavriel! What a darling boy, can't believe I missed that announcement. Do you have instagram? That seems to be all I can find the energy for these days. Hopefully, one day, blogging will resurface. Perhaps when the children are older, and I've caught up on sleep, and maybe…just maybe then. ;) Take care, dear friend!
Post a Comment