Our most often made special breakfast is Simple Baked Oatmeal. It's absolutely delicious and I can mix it up in a few moments without looking at the recipe now. My favorite part is the crisped, golden edges. I always use honey as the sweetener, and often use water instead of milk and coconut oil instead of butter, depending what's on hand. We serve with whole milk. Our absolute favorite way to have it is with blueberries and chocolate chips...but plain is lovely too! I've successfully made it as pumpkin spice baked oatmeal as well, perhaps in the autumn I can write that down.
I made these feta, cheddar, and spinach muffins for a bridal shower recently, and then again to have on hand for breakfasts. It's so nice to have such a great savory option, instead of all the honey, berries, or chocolate chips I'd be prone to use otherwise.
Speaking of chocolate chips, this is my absolute favorite muffin recipe, from Two Peas and Their Pod. I use it as a base for all kinds of muffins (blueberry, cranberry orange, orange chocolate, etc). I've successfully made it whole wheat, soaked, sweetened with honey, and using all coconut oil as well, though I'm not sure about all of those at once. It's very dense, which I like. If using whole wheat, it will dry out much more quickly.
One of my favorite recipe blogs, Smitten Kitchen, just published a real Belgian waffle recipe. I would love to try it if I had a waffle maker! (Sadly, they're generally nonstick. May be a compromise I have to make one of these days...) They are one of my family's favorite treats, whether merely store bought or enjoyed on the streets of Brussels. Pearl sugar and a brioche dough is key, it seems.
That's probably enough sweets already, but if you want something indulgent, this chocolate granola (I use only honey), lemon poppyseed pancakes, and this dough but turned into cinnamon rolls are a few more favorites.
On a more nutrient-dense note, we love this recipe for maple breakfast sausages, and I'd like to try sweet marrow custard, especially for the babies.
Let me know if you try any of these!
I made these feta, cheddar, and spinach muffins for a bridal shower recently, and then again to have on hand for breakfasts. It's so nice to have such a great savory option, instead of all the honey, berries, or chocolate chips I'd be prone to use otherwise.
Speaking of chocolate chips, this is my absolute favorite muffin recipe, from Two Peas and Their Pod. I use it as a base for all kinds of muffins (blueberry, cranberry orange, orange chocolate, etc). I've successfully made it whole wheat, soaked, sweetened with honey, and using all coconut oil as well, though I'm not sure about all of those at once. It's very dense, which I like. If using whole wheat, it will dry out much more quickly.
One of my favorite recipe blogs, Smitten Kitchen, just published a real Belgian waffle recipe. I would love to try it if I had a waffle maker! (Sadly, they're generally nonstick. May be a compromise I have to make one of these days...) They are one of my family's favorite treats, whether merely store bought or enjoyed on the streets of Brussels. Pearl sugar and a brioche dough is key, it seems.
That's probably enough sweets already, but if you want something indulgent, this chocolate granola (I use only honey), lemon poppyseed pancakes, and this dough but turned into cinnamon rolls are a few more favorites.
On a more nutrient-dense note, we love this recipe for maple breakfast sausages, and I'd like to try sweet marrow custard, especially for the babies.
Let me know if you try any of these!
1 comment:
Oh wow. I want to eat all of these! (Your baked oatmeal I can vouch for; it's delicious!).
Post a Comment