Because I loved the color that was already here, Jacqueline's room was easy to pull together. I knew I wanted to use the handkerchief bunting that I made in our Dubai apartment, and it united the rest of the room. Two of her monogram letters are cardboard (one painted and one covered in fabric), and the toadstools were a charming but ugly thrift store find that I knew I would love painted white. The pale aqua cabinet holds blocks and dress up clothes. I've always had high hopes for yard sales but that's the only find I've had, ever.
I have a lot of favorite things about her room, but the cityscape is one of them. It's simply washi tape (removable), inspired by someone on pinterest who had made a 'house' for her daughter, and Joel wanted to do a city instead. Above hang photos of Jacqueline with loved ones.
When we replaced a (wrapped) hand me down mattress, I left it on the floor of her room, and Jacqueline refers to it as her 'couch.' :)
Some of the handkerchiefs were gifts from various people, some are family heirlooms handed down, and some are secondhand. Jacqueline recently transitioned to the toddler bed, and she still wants to show it off to anyone who comes over (or Skypes).
Yes, that is a pink sparkly unicorn hobby horse hiding in the corner :) And more pictures of people who love her. This room has some of the loveliest light in the house (although I think it's great everywhere - unfortunately not in many of my photos!) and I hope she's enjoyed her room. I have, although we really play in the living room more. As Gavriel gets older, they run around and play together more throughout the house, and it is used more then.
Now I get to endeavor to arrange and decorate a shared boy/girl room!
No comments:
Post a Comment