Our room took the longest for me to feel comfortable with it, until I finally realized it just needed something on the windows, however simple. I was shocked how big of a difference it made. You can't really see, but these are beaded peacock scarves I acquired in Dubai. I don't love the wall color (or awkwardly placed mirror) but it has come together into a space I love.
Having our mattress on the floor (with a protective layer underneath) works well with babies, but I'm thinking I'd like the under-bed storage eventually.
See the little imp in the mirror? Gavriel still shares our room, though there is plenty of space in Jacqueline's. It wasn't worth the hassle of switching once he started sleeping through the night when we are moving so soon. So part of our dresser is also changing station. On the right is a family heirloom jewelry box, which I treasure and look forward to passing on to someone else someday.
I had a large (lightweight) frame above Gavriel's crib, which he was able to reach and pull down before I got around to taking pictures.
We are not taking this beautiful dresser (it's extremely heavy and not my favorite style long term) but I have really enjoyed it here. Not pictured, in the corner behind the door, is a large basket hamper that was a Goodwill find soon after I had resisted caving to an expensive but gorgeous (as far as hampers go :) one at a home goods store. It was one of those simple but thrilling and timely finds. Here's hoping it fits in our new bedroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment