Between cooking, dishes, and laundry, this room is where I spend the most time each day by far. I didn't pick out the orange, but I like it, and it's a pretty bright little room (although it traps heat in the summertime). I would add a dishwasher, and paint the cabinets all white, but otherwise I've really enjoyed this little galley kitchen.
On the left if our Berkey water purifier and toaster oven on top of the dryer, and a shelf was built in for the microwave. There really is a good amount of cabinet space, even though they are mis-matched.
I adore these little shelves, full of some things we use every day (vintage saucers) and plenty of treasures just for fun. There used to be a lot more plants, but they outgrew the space and moved on.
Dishwashing station, and a rare view of the empty and scrubbed cast iron sink :) It is probably original to the house, which was built in the 1940's.
50 pound bucket of coconut oil for measuring out for friends, water kefir fermenting on the counter, and the daily-use appliances. Often even more counter space is covered by the crock-pot making bone broth.
So thankful for above-sink windows. This is why I never put a window unit in here no matter how hot it gets. If you can make it over in the next two weeks before we move, I'd love to cook for you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment