Friday, 4 May 2012

three months ago

I'm not intentionally not posting, of course, but what I get to do and not do or what I choose to do when I have the time have drastically changed! Here's hoping this procrastinator's new love for prioritizing and getting things done sticks around :)
We enjoyed a lovely visit from my sister Kyleigh, and look forward eagerly to my whole family coming on the 23rd. That will be my dad's first time to meet Jacqueline! Due to some unfortunate timing, Joel's dad hasn't gotten to meet her yet either, but should be able to make it from California in the next two weeks. We look forward so much to both dads getting to hold her.









Jacqueline Talora is three months old as of yesterday! That is so hard to believe. It's flown by so fast, and the first days are such a blur. Right around two months she took a huge leap in contentment and (growth spurts aside) predictability. Last night she slept over 8 hours! That's a first, but she's been pretty consistently 'sleeping through the night' since 10 or 11 weeks. She is playing a lot more too, cooing, and so smiley and interactive. Right now we are working our way towards falling asleep on her own. (As I write she's falling asleep on my lap, but this is progress! This is sitting down and not walking around, bouncing/rocking exactly how she wants ;) We hope to enjoy cuddling and having her sleep on us whenever we want, but for her to not be dependent on it.
As you can see, it looks like we have a little thumb sucker! It's so cute as she struggles to find her thumb and get it in her mouth.

I would like to share some more things soon, about her birth story and on how we chose her name, (as soon as Joel writes something ;) which is very meaningful to us.
Joel has had some good leads on the job front, so we are hoping and waiting for now, and enjoying all this time we have together. We are so grateful and are enjoying being with his grandparents (who are lovely), but I am itching to care for a little home again. There's no way we could have had all of this beautiful family time after Jacqueline's birth if Joel had had a full time job though! We wouldn't trade that for anything.
I am loving my first western spring since 2006, and we both missed the rain. I forgot what this was like!

Please pray for Joel's grandpa who is having some health problems. And wish me luck finding a
milk-friendly bridesmaid dress for June!

with love,
Cait



5 comments:

Lostariel said...

I'm sitting here cooing at my computer screen.

LeAnna said...

Precious little sweetheart, she is the perfect blend of you and Joel! Try to find a wrap front dress, or one that wraps at the bust line. Those were my saving graces when nursing. They're often low cut, but you can add a piece of fabric, or pin if need be. I've seen several formals made this way! Actually, here is a post from a friend who is trying to pick out a bridesmaid dress. The dress she has shown on the top right is the style I'm thinking, if it's formal enough. ;)

http://keepthefaithgoing.blogspot.com/2012/04/clean-up-on-aisle-7.html

Brette-Renee said...

Yay! I love your updates....you have such a beautiful family. She looks so peaceful sleeping.
-brette

L said...

Aww yay so glad to see you guys are still doing well =)
There is a wrap-around dress which might work for you but I think its a little on the pricey side.....
http://www.dessy.com/wrap-dress
Much Love!
I Love hearing your updates!
Lis
xxx

Elena said...

Cait, she's so precious!
Thanks so much for the update, I love the pictures as well. :)

Hm...I'll be looking around for a dress that suits...