Thursday, 13 January 2011

13-1-11



I love the smell of bread rising. I love the light that pierces straight and shining into the heart of the kitchen at three o'clock. I love our new little succulents growing in old camp pots by the window (accompanied by spotted mushrooms and porcelain cats). I love having a grill (thank you Noura!) and when meals for two come out without too much leftovers.
I like quiet days and getting to be home. This week has been unusually restful and productive.

I really need to play my chanter again (no bagpipes in apartments, but maybe I'm the only one home on this floor!). And use less sugar. And sing more for real. Try a grocery challenge, like Tali's or Leanna's.

Sunny is sleeping beside me and we just made cheese straws (from the incomparable Smitten Kitchen) for a gathering on Saturday. Then I lay for a minute on the sheetless bed and felt her curled up under the crumpled comforter. She likes cozy tents and forts, and we snuggled for awhile.


I hope your afternoon holds lovely sunshine (and a kitty and not too much leftovers).
Cait

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a lovely afternoon! Baking is so wonderful, isn't it?

L said...

What a great day! =)
I LOVE the new layout....I have been struggling with trying to redo my own for a while but every time I try to redesign it disaster strikes and I leave it the way it is =) Maybe I'll try again.
My quieter days I have been enjoying naps, they just feel so beautiful mid afternoon don't they =) And leave me in such a better mood for getting up earlier when Andrew does.
Yay, I love hearing about how you and Joel are doing. Ally Bayne told me she saw you guys, I wish I had seen you again too =) Hopefully sometime soon Lord willing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cait.... I have finally written you a nice long e-mail.... but I wonder if you have a new e-mail address? the one I sent it to has your "old" last name in it. :)
Love you bunches ... and thanks for the updates in your lovely new blog!

Arielle

Staceydotdot said...

Hi Cait! Well what a wonderful new blog! I disappeared from the blogging world a while ago, but Im back now! Congratulations on your new life! Wedding, new home, new adventures! How wonderful! You look like a darling couple!
I came across a blog and thought you might like to read it! Im sure you will love it just as much as I do! http://taza-and-husband.blogspot.com/
enjoy! Stacey..