We've had a lot of beetles in the kitchen. Skinny, inch-long ones, which look like baby cockroaches. Ugh! I'm not afraid to smash them (with a shoe) but they startle me terribly each time. I've been trying home remedies - washing the floor with lemon water, putting peppermint tea bags out (ants, at least, hate peppermint), and putting dishes of powdered sugar (to attract) and baking soda (to kill) out for them. They've been making themselves more scarce, for certain, but they made a comeback with the kitchen having been so messy around Christmas! It's definitely less tidy when Joel is home :)
The weekends are always less organized and wiped-up than the week days. Even on week days, sometimes I think, "I have the afternoon to use now, and maybe Joel would rather something baked than the floors mopped." (Not just because I hate mopping - and he definitely notices when something is freshly cleaned, too!)
Love is often time, or lack thereof, and I'm glad that we stack dishes on the weekends unless I wash while Joel is reading to me, and I'm glad that the table gets covered with papers and books and that washing up is left until he leaves in the morning. (Operating hours of spotlessness are 9:00 am until 6:00 pm when dinner preparation is begun)
My dearest girl friend told me in an email before Christmas, 'Sleep well, and remember that a peaceful, loving woman is a better thing than a little extra decoration or a spotless house.'
with love,
Cait
5 comments:
oh, i love that quote from the email!
Sleeping well for me would have to involve no bugs in the kitchen. How about rinsing and stacking if not fully washing? And love goes both ways, says one who has been married for 21 years. You could wash, and he could dry, still being together. A little music, and soon it's a party!
So true! The weekends are lazy days around here too. We'd much rather spend time as a family than anything else. Thankfully my Hubby helps clean up on Sunday afternoons. But that didn't happen the first few years of marriage. ;)
Bugs are so annoying! After my jam session with apples late this past summer, I had gnats galore. It took a month or two to get rid of them.
... and you can kill those beetles by shooing them into the doorbell soundbox and ringing it, remember?
Can't wait to come over tomorrow!
Eek, beetles are no fun at all!!
Post a Comment