It turned into a hilarious evening though, because we didn't have chopsticks and used the ends of paintbrushes instead, and because I couldn't even swallow my first bite which sent Jamaila into hysterics. We were laughing so hard! At the paintbrushes, my opinion of the tasteless MSG-free soy sauce, and the sound of each other's laughs (you know how that goes). As it turned out, I didn't even eat them after all that work - the smell of the crab sticks got to me as I was cutting and rolling them, and it ruined the taste for me. I still love restaurant California rolls though, and it was a fun experience and I'm glad to have made them!
Good luck if you try to make them! I definitely recommend Mel's tutorial and the ingredients shouldn't be hard to find. Now I'm off to make cookie dough cream pie for tomorrow :)
Love,
Cait
4 comments:
How fun! I've never made california rolls before but I really love eating them :)
I just love reading these little insights into your life; they're so sweet.
These look great! I'm going to try making them I think =)
Are the bangs new? Looks great! You two look like you're doing well! Say "hi" to Jamaila for me!
Love,
Arielle
What fun! I've made them before..cept slightly different. My best friend in grade school was Korean, and I used to trade her my sandwiches for "kimbap" every day..it was wonderful. <3
Post a Comment