Last week we listened to my next sister play her oboe. I hear her practice all the time, but this was special. This was in an elegant foyer, fountains twinkling outside, people mingling with wine in hand. It was an evening of four Mozart concertos, each by a different instrument accompanied by piano. Three of the soloists were instructors at the music school, and one was seventeen year old sister.
(I love to brag about her, because she doesn't)
Here is an example of one of the three movements of the concerto, and here are Kyleigh's thoughts on the evening.
I admire her playing, of course, and talent and dedication to her many instruments (and composing!), but I am proud of her particularly for seeking to use those gifts to bless others, and being motivated without the goals of ambition, praise, and career.
love! have a good afternoon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment