And is there anything sweeter than a kitty bathing its little face and paws? I was telling Joel yesterday that I'd love to print and frame the perfect picture of a cat, eyes squeezed shut, pink tongue out, paw curled.
The past few weeks have held busy days and friends, with welcome quiet evenings at home.
I also went to the doctor a week and a half ago, to see about some consistent stomach pain I've been having for the last several months. Several tests came back negative, so the doctor suggested eating dairy-free for several weeks. The first few days it definitely didn't help, but I slowly started to feel a little better. Then on Monday evening, I had a dairy-laced meal with several families (since I didn't have any control over the food, and decided to make it an experiment) and did not feel good for the next 24 hours. Oh dear!! I want to know what the problem is, but do not want to be lactose intolerant. Cheese...cream...chocolate...
Any intolerance would have been a sudden change, since I've eaten all food groups with no issues since I was little. However, it still could be the case and I'll have to experiment and deal with it.
Some other things to try (whether this does or doesn't continue to work) are avoiding caffeine and chocolate, maybe gluten (much more difficult change - a last resort), or doing some kind of cleanse. If any of you have ideas or experiences, I'd love to hear! I've felt so bad for my friend Leanna and her nursing dairy-free menu, and now it could be unexpectedly permanent for me! We'll see :)
Other than that, Joel and I have been doing well, having friends over, cooking, snuggling, reading, etc. And doing a lot of hurrying up and waiting, which you'll hear about in time :)
much love,
Cait
much love,
Cait
5 comments:
Oh no! (About the dairy...) I hope it's not the case for you. :( I wonder what would cause such a sudden onset? I know that allergies can develop over time, but lactose isn't usually one of those. Sounds like a mystery to be solved.
Hurry up and wait, eh? I look forward to hearing about that!
Blessings, sweet friend! I'm so glad to see you doing well. {hugs}
Casein sensitivities can develop in an adult. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, it can't be fun :( I love dairy also, and would hate to go dairy free! I'm very grateful that my nursling is fine with it :) I'm excited to hear about your "hurry up and wait" bit!
Love the photos of you and Joel.
I've found that if I don't consistently eat dairy it makes me sick. I hope that this end up being not big deal for you!
Eagerly awaiting the "hurry up and wait" part of the story...=)
Hey Cait! If you have any questions or suggestions about gluten and dairy free eating, I'm both gluten and lactose intolerant, and I'd be totally willing to pass on my wealth of knowledge to you! =]
Acidophilus is my miracle pill. I have had chronic stomach issues basically from birth (so I'm told:) and it got worse with each passing year.
[I know that mine is a different circumstance than yours, I thought I would share my story with you because my dad finds that taking Acidophilus also helps him digest dairy so it may help you as well.]
When I was at my worst, feeling like I could never hope to get married or even live a normal life, a whole bunch of people started recommending Acidophilus to me. I had taken it before a missions trip once, for about two days, and it made me feel really sick, so I was quite afraid of it, because I didn't think I could handle more stomach misery. But I finally decided to try it for a good 2 weeks, daily, and see what happened (I think this was the Lord answering my cries for help). The first week was the worst of my life. The second, my digestive system began to function normally and my stomach pain went completely away within the next few weeks.
That was several years ago, and I take 2 pills twice a day now. (I buy mine at Trader Joe's, they just seem to be the best quality and they aren't super expensive.) I cannot recommend Acidophilus enough, because--silly and overly-used as this sounds--it seriously changed my life.
I still have to watch what I eat (carbonated drinks, greasy food, tomatoes, apple peel...random things seem to affect me) but I feel like I can have a normal life and not worry about being in crippling pain at social events or after eating cheesy pizza. Plus it's nice that Acidophilus is a "natural" thing, so even if it doesn't fix the problem, there is no harm in trying it. It is basically just putting good bacteria into your body.
I hope you feel better soon Cait...I know that it is horrible to feel sick to your stomach. Praying for you!
And it is so sweet to see pictures of you and Joel!
Love, Kelsey
ps..I'm sorry for leaving the world's longest comment :)
Post a Comment